Rigor Product Suggestions

I suggest you improve Rigor by...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow multipe contacts in the "Notify" check config field

Currently only one individual or group can be entered in the notify field to receive both alerts and recovery notices. Users entered in the escalation field do not receive recovery notices.

This means we need a custom group for each subset of contacts that need to receive alerts and recoveries on a given check rather than adding multiple individuals or groups.

This also means that we cannot set both the new webhooks feature (say hipchat notices) and alerts to a group.

Can you please add the ability to attach multiple endpoints in the "Notify" check config field?

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Admin →

We are activity defining use cases for reworked notification system to be developed in the 1st half of 2017. We will be reaching out to all of you to better understand your needs

• RBC: Fully support SPA and ajax enabled sites to monitor and report based on steps

Currently we are able to define steps. For Single Page Apps, there is only 1 "pageload" everything else is IFrames and XHR/Ajax. We need a way to measure performance of later steps, possibly via the W3C user timings API

53 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Step 1 is adding support for custom user timings, since a selenium scripts walking through a flow on a SPA doesn’t generate multiple HARs it generates 1 HAR.

We recently upgrade our version of FireFox used by RBC, allowing us to leverage the custom user timings API to collect metrics and then report/graph/alert on them. We are planning our SPA/custom user timings project now

• Grouping and Folders for Uptime and Real Browser checks

Having to monitor multiple sites and growing under Uptime and Browser Checks we would like to be able to create folders/groups to move the checks into without having to use tags. This would clean the UI for users have multiple sites so that the information we need is where we need it. We have been managing this with naming convention but when growing to 100+ checks this will become a monster to view.

52 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Makes total sense. We are reviewing our UI to see how to better organize things so that customers with large numbers of checks can help navigate and review things

• Increase reporting granularity

Current granularity of Rigor reporting allows for months, weeks, or days. Can you please increase granularity to allow for grouping by hours and minutes?

Particular use case is to report on error counts across multiple checks spanning a small time frame such as a couple of hours or minutes

40 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

We are reviewing use cases for our custom reports now, and I can how more specific time granularity would be helpful, especially when you want to focus on, or exclude, a specific time period of trouble.

• allow webhooks to be registered for snapshot status changes

Rather than repeatedly poll the snapshots endpoint to determine when snapshots' statuses have changed, it would be great if we could provide a URL that would receive a POST request when the status, etc. change. (similar to how GitHub provides webhooks - https://developer.github.com/webhooks/)

28 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Make monthly performance reports available for .csv export.

Make monthly performance reports available for .csv export, with full data (not just daily rollups).

20 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion Duncan. This makes total sense. To be clear, with the Rigor API you can pull this data out now, but making it easier to fetch as a CSV would be very valuable. Reviewing options for this.

• have the ability to upload a new Selenium script to an existing Real Browser Check

Add the ability to re-upload a Selenium script for an existing Real Browser Check. In some instances, this would be faster than editing existing steps.

19 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Custom Reports: Include render time as a reporting option

Include DOM Load Time inside custom reports: I would like to be able to see the DOM Load Time/Render Time as an option during the creation of a custom_report. The goal here is to see dom load time/render time instead of load/response time.

18 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea Chris and I 100% agree. Right now, custom reports offer only the measurements that all checks offer, so all those great stats with collect in RBC aren’t available. We are fixing that. First step is we are about to introduce a bunch of additional RBC metrics we collect. Then we are revamping Custom Reports so that RBC checks can include more metrics, like DomContentLoaded, etc

• API: Support updating HTTP check settings via the Monitoring API

We have a need to bulk update some HTTP check parameters. I thought this might be a good opportunity to dig into the Monitoring API and maybe write an Ansible module for managing HTTP checks. I ran into problems when I found that, while I could create and delete HTTP checks, the API provided no method of updating existing checks.

18 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

This makes sense. fundamentally we need to provide a comprehensive way to update a checks settings via the API. A v1.0 of this could be to just allow updating check settings, but not say RBC steps (since bulk updating selenium steps could be challenging). Reaching out to reporters with some clarifying questions.

• Degraded state

We would like the ability to have a max response time, which is available now but with a Mid response time, meaning if the page fails to load by the MID time then Yellow Exclamation point as long as the Max load is not reached. If mid and max are both reached then Red X icon. I made a mock up picture of what it might look like while configuring the monitor. Mel... has the mock up gif.
                      Thanks

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea. And I like the idea of separating “This check run failed” vs “This check run didn’t met our criteria” as some kind of warning instead. Looking into how to implement this

• Support Additional "Real" browsers, not FF with a different UA String

Use real rendering engines from the different browsers. We all know IE behaves differently than other browsers, and loads DOM objects/executes JS/socket connects differently.

14 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

To be clear, right now all of Rigor’s Real Browser Checks run under a real browser, not an emulated one. We are using FireFox 45 ESR. When you select a different User-Agent, we change that UA string or view port, but its always a real browser.

Upgrading to this new version of FF meant we had to completely rewrite all our plugins that take measurements. Luckily these new plugins are more universal, so adding additional real browsers like Chrome is easier.

We are now looking at how to add additional browsers

• Add line graph view to the Performance History graph

The dots aren't great at conveying trends - can we see more rendering options?

14 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add User Agent string option to Benchmark checks

We should include a User Agent string configuration option for Benchmark checks so that users can easily run Benchmark checks on mobile sites.

14 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

100% agree. We have big plans for the Benchmark checks, and the first step is to allow both User-Agent and ViewPort settings when configuring

• Extract custom data/metrics from a run (Was: Extract data from HTTP response headers and/or the response body)

There should be a way to extract data from HTTP response headers and/or the response body for use as an additional "dimension" for performance/reporting. E.g.: for each response, extract and store the X-Server-ID header from the response. We should then be able to filter and/or report on that field in performance charts and reports.

So then, i.e. on the performance history graph, I should be able to see each value of the X-Server-ID as a different color dot, etc. Or at the very least select which value I'd like to plot individual just like the "Locations" drop down allows.

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Incorporate Speed Index metrics in the data point detail page

Incorporate Speed Index into the times reported for each data point...

https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/using-webpagetest/metrics/speed-index

Google and webpagetest.ord have started to use a measurement called Speed Index in their reporting.

Long story short, this is a method of measuring render time to the user based on what shows on their screen (video capture) as opposed to a particular element loading or the onload event. Speed Index, as I understand it, gives a much better idea of how the page performs from the user's perspective.

If this metric could be displayed between Render Time and Load Time, (here https://my.rigor.com/checks/10488/runs/862529159 )that would be awesome. In…

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                                • Add option to only log a failure if uptime check fails from more than one location

It's great that we can customize notifications based on location-specific errors; let's add the same functionality for alerts and make sure that users have the option to keep location-specific problems from affecting uptime stats.

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a way in the app to compute what we call SLA uptime, which specifically only flags downtime if 2 or more failures occur in a row, helping reduce the impact of a bad location.

Reaching out to Melanie with some clarifying questions

• Content Check: Filter Content Check links by 'results', and bulk ignore

The 'ignore' option on our Content Check is awesome. It would be great if we could also filter the table by 'results' > select all with similar results > and ignore en masse.

8 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Totally agree. Basically you want a way to select multiple checks in the table and then mark all of them as ignore, similar to the in-table-bulk-operations that Rigor Optimization provides.

There is a larger need to move bulk actions like this out of Monitoring “Bulk Edit” page and into individual tables, but this could be a good place to start

• Provide Graphs in Emails

Provide a graphical representation of performance trending in emails, similar to what is displayed in the monitoring dashboard.

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Option for Internal Monitoring Agent/Node

Create a relay agent so internal enterprise sites can be tested.

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Admin →

We are currently exploring options for monitoring internal systems.

A work around is to expose these systems to the internet, but to limit access to a specific whitelist of IPs. You can also put them behind a more of HTTP auth on top of restricting IPs to ensure only Rigor can access them.

We know this is not an ideal solution and are reviewing how to offer a true internal monitoring option

• Better Reporting of SLA adherance (runs vs failures)

We use Rigor to check our customer SLA adherance.
                                          For most of our customers have several checks running and at the end of each month we have to do a bunch of math to calculate our SLA for that customer. It would be great if you
                                          1) exposed the data in the report of how many runs and fails
                                          2) provided a totals line which allows us to

This is pretty close but does not have the totals at the bottom for each month
                                          http://itstatus.mfg.com/?type=monthly

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Admin →

Makes sense. We have various ways to display this currently in the app UI, reports, and in summary emails. Reaching out to Alex to ask a few clarifying questions about exactly what he is looking for.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Rigor Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base