I suggest you improve Rigor by...

Custom Reports: Include render time as a reporting option

Include DOM Load Time inside custom reports: I would like to be able to see the DOM Load Time/Render Time as an option during the creation of a custom_report. The goal here is to see dom load time/render time instead of load/response time.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminProduct Team (Admin, Rigor) responded  · 

This is a great idea Chris and I 100% agree. Right now, custom reports offer only the measurements that all checks offer, so all those great stats with collect in RBC aren’t available. We are fixing that. First step is we are about to introduce a bunch of additional RBC metrics we collect. Then we are revamping Custom Reports so that RBC checks can include more metrics, like DomContentLoaded, etc

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Fye commented  · 

This is something we definitely need. We have a "long tail" of scripts that run post DOM render and the numbers we get from Page Loaded do not reflect the actual user experience.

This would be of great help, please add these metrics.

• phani commented  · 

DOM & First Byte Time would be huge help to us in custom reports.
        It would be very nice if you expose all the values that are available through Performance KPIs & Domain Performance through custom reports. So we can make custom reports to the separate tracks / teams.

• Melanie Crissey commented  · 

This would be a huge help! Also, it would be great to have the ability to toggle to DOMContentLoaded for Dashboards > Tags. I would love to use Tag reports to show impact on render time and right now it seems like my only option is to pull data via the API and visualize it elsewhere.

• AdminProduct Team (Admin, Rigor) commented  · 

This is a great idea Chris and I 100% agree. Right now, custom reports offer only the measurements that all checks offer, so all those great stats with collect in RBC aren't available. We are fixing that. First step is we are about to introduce a bunch of additional RBC metrics we collect. Then we are revamping Custom Reports so that RBC checks can include more metrics, like DomContentLoaded, etc

• Chris Pederick commented  · 

In addition to the DOM load time I would also like to see all the metrics from the page performance report available under custom reports e.g. page size, number of resources by type etc. so that these could be reported on easily over time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base