Creating a way to test your failure/notification of tests without having to change your test.
I want to be able to know that the "notifications" system and setup for my test is working, we have the correct people being notified and the contact info is all correct. I would like to do this without having to change my test.
Is there a way to test the failure notification system quickly? For now I am:
1. modifying who gets notified if I add a new person.
2. Modifying the test to force it to fail like look for a button called test
3. Waiting for the test to run twice which takes like 10 minutes or so. Then confirm the alerts worked
4. Fix steps so that the test completes
5. Wait 10 minutes for the back online notifications
6. Then update the notification back to the correct team
Would love to test it, and make sure the notifications know that this is in fact a TEST run and not a real alert that needs action. perhaps a way to add a message to the notification about what we want to do if changes are needed, people who need to be removed or something else.