I suggest you improve Rigor by...

Extract custom data/metrics from a run (Was: Extract data from HTTP response headers and/or the response body)

There should be a way to extract data from HTTP response headers and/or the response body for use as an additional "dimension" for performance/reporting. E.g.: for each response, extract and store the X-Server-ID header from the response. We should then be able to filter and/or report on that field in performance charts and reports.

So then, i.e. on the performance history graph, I should be able to see each value of the X-Server-ID as a different color dot, etc. Or at the very least select which value I'd like to plot individual just like the "Locations" drop down allows.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vito Laurenza shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminProduct Team (Admin, Rigor) commented  · 

Really the idea here is to be able to extract some custom metric/data from a check, store that with the run, and then use that somehow in the UI (Filter it, graph it, use it to change the color of something, etc)

This is in many ways similar to our need to support custom user timings (for Single Page Apps). These are custom metrics that come back from a run, and need to be acting on in the UI. May be possible that our solution to SPA support can also support this.

• Chris commented  · 

Agreed. I want to do the same. With JS we can get a response header back into a variable, but cant do much with it. I would to be able to add it to the detail of the Event ran.

Feedback and Knowledge Base