Rigor Product Suggestions

I suggest you improve Rigor by...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. UI: Sortable column on HAR viewer waterfall charts

It would be neat if we could sort waterfall charts by the largest file size, content types, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Thanks for the suggestion Melanie, I think it could help yes! Chrome Dev tools allows you to do this in their waterfall, and I personal use it fairly regularly. The entire HAR viewer could probably use a visual/usability upgrade. Moving to “under review”

2. Alert or identify when a specific element takes longer than other objects of the same size

If an item in the waterfall chart takes longer than other items of the same size, alert or highlight that element in a waterfall chart,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Clear fields option to uptime checks

We currently offer the ability to Clear fields on Real Browser checks. It would be nice if we included this same option for multi-step Uptime checks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Public status page with additional colums

Besides load time it would be really helpful to see render time and server time. Load time can be misleading because we have a significant number of marketing tags that load in the background, so could be misleading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Totally agree Raymond. And as we add additional metrics to RBC, such as SpeedIndex, those make sense as well. Starting to collect use cases for improved Status pages UI.

Just so you know, we currently do this because the status page can show any type of check, and render time is something that is RBC specific. We only some the metrics that all checks have, even if you have only selected RBC checks. This should be improved. Moving to under review.

5. http/2 vs. http/1.1 option & recommendations for site speed testing

Hi – I'm curious about what your service is now, or plans to do, about http/2 with respect to speed testing and recomendations.
    I've been reading how a lot of optimizations for http/1.1 become essentially obsolete and even problematic if done on http/2, due to the fact that http/2 is a single “pipe” and network connection vs. how http/1.1 requires round trips to the server.
    It makes me wonder if perhaps it makes sense for the speed testing tool to have a drop down or radio button selector in the speed test set up process to choose if the site…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notifications: Ability to Test User Notification Groups

I have heard from a couple of customers that the ability to test notification groups would be helpful in a non-live situation to 1) make sure that they are set-up properly, and 2) test them after making changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bulk "Run Now" functionality

To assist post-deployment validation we would like to run a more specific set of checks at once. To do this, we'd like to be able to filter by tag and select to "run all selected checks"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Given our push into testing earlier in the lifecycle, and our recent 1st class Jenkins Integration via a plugin we wrote for Jenkins, this makes a lot of sense

8. Report of offending partners

It would be nice to be able to get a report of all requests on the page that contributed to slow page load. This way we can see if there are ad partners/networks that are repeat offenders and doesn't require someone to have to manually go through each failed waterfall.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Add Detailed Description/KB to Monitor

Hi, I would like to be able to add a detailed description (knowledge base type article) to any Monitor. This would allow me to add information on the monitor, who to call, what to check, and any other details we can explain about the monitor.

Thank you!

Chris

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. reporting

It would be nice to get an aggregated downtime time report in minutes/seconds in addition to the percentage that is available now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Threshold Monitors for Page Reporting metrics

We should be able to have Threshold Monitors for all the metrics available until the Page Report

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Custom time zone for Email Templates

It would be nice to have custom time zone at email alert. Now we have just {{alert.time}} (UTC) option here.
    There is an ability to chose Time Zone in account's UI, but still not here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the test now test location configurable

Currently the test now button is sending the test to the north carolina test location. Because tests can differ on the location where they are tested from it would be handy if the default test location could be changed to make sure the test result is equal to the one when running from the proper location.

Latency and location my influence testing results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Third party star graph showing introduced delay time not just the number of links

The third party star graph just shows the number of links in the page but not the amount of time each one adds to the page load time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow real time monitoring on Custom Report

Rigor only allows Operations, Executive, and Alert type dashboards to update in real time. Can we do the same for Custom reports? This would be helpful to display on large screens for teams/management to monitor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. (API) Make the details of each test run available independent of whether it failed or not

1. When the test succeeds, allow the user to look at the request, response, etc. for every step the test executed.

2. When the test fails, in addition to giving the details of the failing step, the user should be able to view the request, response, etc. for any other step in that test.

This idea is important to me, because I want to compare successful tests with failed tests. Additionally, if a step fails it is sometimes useful to be able to see what happened in the steps leading up to it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Epoch time variable

It would be handy to have a {{epoch}} time variable present. Both for email templates and in tests. Being able to assert something >= {{epoch+100}} maybe?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Optimization Defect Checks for WCAG needed by highly-regulated industries.

Digital content teams are responsible for optimizing their sites in many ways beyond speed. Since most of the WCAG falls on the front end and resources that Rigor already checks on, it would be valuable for teams in high-regulated industries to have access to the same level of "if this; then that" style fixes for their web content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter results based on status

For reporting and daily dashboarding it would be usefull to filter on result status. Currently the low en high results are based on succesfull and onsuccesfull results. There is no way to see the performance of the succesfull runs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding a checkbox "Do not start next test until current test completes"

Our backend is stateful and things get messed up if a test starts before the next test is finished. This is not ordinarily a problem but can cause issues when there are aws outages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Rigor Product Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base